SV888 Weatherproof Silicone sealant for curtain wall
1. 100% silicone
2. Low odor
3. Medium modulus (25% movement capability)
4. Resistant to ozone, ultra-violet radiation and temperature extremes
5. Primerless adhesion to most building materials
SV888 is available in black, gray, white and other customized colours.
300ml in cartridge * 24 per box, 590ml in sausage *20 per box
1.All kinds of glass curtain wall weatherproof seal
2.For metal (aluminum) curtain wall, enamel curtain wall weatherproof seal
3.Joint sealing of concrete and metal
4.Roof joint seal
These values are not intended for use in preparing specifications
|Test standard||Test project||Unit||value|
|ASTM C 679||Flow, sagging or vertical flow||mm||0|
|GB13477||surface drying time（25℃，50%R.H.）||min||30|
|Sealant curing speed and operating time will have different with different temperatures and temperature, high temperature and high humidity can make sealant curing speed faster, rather low temperature and low humidity are slower.
21 days after curing——25℃，50%R.H.
|GB13477||Durometer Hardness||Shore A||30|
|GB13477||The ultimate tensile strength||Mpa||0.7|
|ASTM C 1248||Pollution / oil, natural Weatherproof||No|
As exposed to air, SV888 begins to cure inward from surface. Its tack free time is about 50 minutes; the full and optimal adhesion depends on the sealant depth.
SV888 is designed to meet or even exceed the requirements of:
● Chinese national specification GB/T 14683-2003 20HM
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
SV888 should be stored at or below 27℃ in original unopened containers. It has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
SV888 should not be applied:
● For structural glazing
● For weather seal for curtain walls
● To underground joints
● To joints with high movement
● To the materials that bleed oils , plasticizers or solvents, such as impregnated wood ,or unvulcanized resin
● In totally confined spaces as sealant requires atmospheric moisture for cure
● To frost laden or damp surfaces
● For continuous water immersion
● When surface temperature below 4℃ or over 50℃
HOW TO USE
Clean all joints removing all foreign matter and contaminants such as oil, grease, dust, water, frost, old sealants, surface dirt, or glazing compounds and protective coatings.
Mask areas adjacent to joints to ensure neat sealant lines. Apply SV888 in a continuous operation using dispensing guns. Before a skin forms, tool the sealant with light pressure to spread the sealant against the joint surfaces. Remove masking tape as soon as the bead is tooled.
Complete technical information and literature, adhesion testing, and compatibility testing are available from Siway.
● SV888 is a chemical product, not edible, no implantation into body and should be kept away from children.
● Cured silicone rubber can be handled without any risk to health.
● Should uncured silicone sealant contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water and seek medical treatment if irritation persists.
● Avoid prolonged exposure of skin to uncured silicone sealant.
● Good ventilation is necessary for work and cure places.
The information presented herein is offered in good faith and is believed to be accurate. However, because conditions and methods of using our products are beyond our control, this information should not be used in substitution for customer’s tests to ensure that our products are safe, effective, and fully satisfactory for specific applications.